aNm is pleased to spotlight the National Indian Youth Council, Inc. (NIYC), “the second oldest national American Indian nonprofit in the United States, founded in 1961,” one of our list of valued clients. Headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico, this important organization’s mission is to “foster the self-determination of Indigenous people” in four major areas: “economic sovereignty; cultural flourishing; political resilience; and community well-being”
In order to further their mission and improve their outreach to the local and global community, NIYC needed to expand their reach online. To help guide NIYC towards a more effective internet presence, we used technical expertise and services to completely redesign the NIYC website and improve their digital presence.
aNm provided graphic design services, as well as creative and technical consultation services to help NIYC redesign and relaunch their public-facing website. Leveraging NIYC’s existing hosting service and content management service (CMS), WordPress, aNm researched and made recommendations for the best theme and plug-ins needed to make the NIYC website a beautiful, effective, and functional website with strong search engine optimization (SEO) online presence.
- Totally redesigned existing look/feel: The previous website look and feel was dated and needed visual refreshing.
- Ensure functionality and responsiveness to various devices/platforms: The website looks modern and professional, has improved navigation and customer experience, and now functions well across nearly any device or browser configuration.
- Ensure NIYC Staff has a better familiarity with existing CMS: Once deployed, aNm provided individualized consultation with NIYC personnel to provide a better understanding of how to best use, edit, and administrate WordPress.
- Analysis: aNm obtained source files and the website back-up file, reviewed source files and existing site content (from back-up), and coordinated with NIYC on menu, content structure, needed elements (i.e., contact page, calendar, etc.).
- Design Doc: aNm authored a client-focused Design Document based on analysis that encapsulates NIYC’s new visual elements.
- Develop / Install: aNm researched, recommended, and installed needed WordPress Themes on NIYC website.
- SEO Enhancement: aNm conducted SEO analysis on existing website, created SEO spreadsheet to be filled-in by NIYC personnel and implemented SEO client responses on WordPress.
- Hands-on Training: aNm provided clear and detailed overviews and instructions to NIYC staff on administrating their WordPress website.
Does this sound like you?
Are you struggling with technology? Perhaps your staff needs help understanding best practices for websites or how to administrate your website, blog, or social media accounts. Use the form below to contact us and we’ll setup a time to discuss how aNm can help you with the technical aspects of your website or online presence.